Wednesday, January 22, 2014

5th Grade Op Art



 

The 5th grade students learned about OP art, which is short for optical Illusion.   An optical illusion is something that tricks your eye.  Some optical illusions look like they are moving when they are really not.  Other optical illusions look 3-D or seem like they are popping out of the painting when they are really flat.  The students were able to see many examples of optical illusions from a power point shown in class.  They students were able to create their own optical illusion using REPEATED curved lines.  We also discussed what VALUE is and students were able to add value to their op art to create a 3-D effect.


2 comments:

  1. I really love your Op Art pieces created by 5th graders. Can you share how these were made? (I am an elementary Art Teacher in Chicago) Students of this age really like Optical Illusions.
    Thank you, Nancy Recchia

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome! I, too, would love a little bit of instruction for how to create these. I'm not an art teacher, but I teach creative writing at an alterntive high school. I try to throw in a few art projects every-once-in-a-while to keep their creative juices flowing and to calm them when behavior gets a little crazy. Any links you can send me to or quick instructions? Thanks! messerlyk@rcschools.net

    ReplyDelete