Thursday, June 6, 2013

2nd Grade Guitars

ROMEARE BEARDEN MUSIC COLLAGE
The 2nd grade students learned about the life and artwork of Romeare Bearden through a PowerPoint.  They learned that he was very interested in jazz music and this influenced his art. We discussed the many different instruments that there are in a Jazz Band.  The students also reviewed what a collage is because Romeare Bearden overlapped fabric, photos and paint to create beautiful collages inspired by music.  Students were able to create a music collage using the piano keys pattern for their boarder and designing their own guitar.  Then they overlapped musical notes and sheet music.   Finally we reviewed the various types of lines and students had to fill the rest of their negative space repeating different colors of lines. 
 





 

10 comments:

  1. Leah, Would it be possible to get a copy of you wonderful powerpoint for ROMEARE BEARDEN?? my e-mail is cperth@gstboces.org. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you ever get that PowerPoint? If so can you forward to me? Email is hmontgomery@rgds.k12.mo.us

      Delete
  2. I love this project so much. Could you please send me the powerpoint presentation? My email is jcolon@ecsnyc.org or piperdstny@yahoo.com. Thank you so much for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah, I love this project! Is it possible to forward the power-point to me? my email is cosorio@cnusd.k12.ca.us I would love to incorporate into our music-themed summer program.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This project is so cool. Please share your PowerPoint. Thanks so much.
    Kminder@sps186.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Can you please send me the powerpoint. Thank you- can't wait! polyviou@cranfordschools.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Please share your powerpoint!!!!! thanks in advance
    aperson@northmetroacademy.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good afternoon can I get a copy of the powerpoint please

    ReplyDelete
  8. My email adeline.knowles6@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing article. Your blog helped me to improve myself in many ways thanks for sharing this kind of wonderful informative blogs in live.
    www.valentinos-glasgow.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete