Friday, January 16, 2015

Start of 2014-2015 School Year COLLABORATION PROJECT

I apologize for being so behind this year on my blog this year!  I've had so many other things going on with an action research PDP, Student Learning Targets and PBIS/CHAMPS that have been implemented that I haven't had a lot of time to update projects from this year.  It's going to be my goal to update more regularly!  I hope everyone has had a great first half of the year!  

The first week of school I always start out with a school wide collaboration project.  It's a great way to get the kids involved in art on the first day instead of only going over expectations and it's also a fabulous way to get artwork up after the first week of school!  We look at the artist Keith Haring and did giant posters of figures.  I actually had the kiddos get on the floor and trace their bodies and then each class throughout the day continued on they same poster. So by the end of the day I had 4-6 posters done!  




5 comments:

  1. How would you recommend applying this to a middle setting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would apply it the same as if it were elementary, except, instead of doodles maybe write down keywords that are related to a certain topic.

      Delete
  2. Hi there! This is great, what type of paper can hold the paint well? I think butcher paper would tear. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi what paper did you use? Every roll I find is 18” wide. Please DM me on IG because I never get the notices on here :)

    ReplyDelete